Related occupations for task:
Arbitrate disputes between parties and assist in the real estate closing process, such as by reviewing title searches.
||Arbitrators, Mediators, and Conciliators
- Use mediation techniques to facilitate communication between disputants, to further parties' understanding of different perspectives, and to guide parties toward mutual agreement.
- Evaluate information from documents, such as claim applications, birth or death certificates, or physician or employer records.
- Specialize in the negotiation and resolution of environmental conflicts involving issues such as natural resource allocation or regional development planning.
||Title Examiners, Abstractors, and Searchers
- Examine documentation such as mortgages, liens, judgments, easements, plat books, maps, contracts, and agreements to verify factors such as properties' legal descriptions, ownership, or restrictions.
- Examine individual titles to determine if restrictions, such as delinquent taxes, will affect titles and limit property use.
- Verify accuracy and completeness of land-related documents accepted for registration, preparing rejection notices when documents are not acceptable.
- Negotiate settlements of civil disputes.
- Search for and examine public and other legal records to write opinions or establish ownership.
||Judges, Magistrate Judges, and Magistrates
- Settle disputes between opposing attorneys.
- Participate in judicial tribunals to help resolve disputes.
||Administrative Law Judges, Adjudicators, and Hearing Officers
- Research and analyze laws, regulations, policies, and precedent decisions to prepare for hearings and to determine conclusions.
- Review and evaluate data on documents, such as claim applications, birth or death certificates, or physician or employer records.
See all 7 related occupations >>