Related occupations for task:
Identify cases of domestic abuse or other family problems and encourage students or parents to seek additional assistance from mental health professionals.
||Child, Family, and School Social Workers
- Counsel parents with child rearing problems, interviewing the child and family to determine whether further action is required.
- Consult with parents, teachers, and other school personnel to determine causes of problems, such as truancy and misbehavior, and to implement solutions.
- Counsel individuals, groups, families, or communities regarding issues including mental health, poverty, unemployment, substance abuse, physical abuse, rehabilitation, social adjustment, child care, or medical care.
- Evaluate personal characteristics and home conditions of foster home or adoption applicants.
||Healthcare Social Workers
- Identify environmental impediments to client or patient progress through interviews and review of patient records.
||Marriage and Family Therapists
- Counsel clients on concerns, such as unsatisfactory relationships, divorce and separation, child rearing, home management, or financial difficulties.
- Locate barriers to client employment, such as inaccessible work sites, inflexible schedules, or transportation problems, and work with clients to develop strategies for overcoming these barriers.
||Directors, Religious Activities and Education
- Counsel individuals regarding interpersonal, health, financial, or religious problems.