Related occupations for task:
Drive vehicles over specified routes or to specified destinations according to time schedules, complying with traffic regulations to ensure that passengers have a smooth and safe ride.
||Bus Drivers, School or Special Client
- Follow safety rules as students board and exit buses or cross streets near bus stops.
- Comply with traffic regulations to operate vehicles in a safe and courteous manner.
- Pick up and drop off students at regularly scheduled neighborhood locations, following strict time schedules.
- Drive gasoline, diesel, or electrically powered multi-passenger vehicles to transport students between neighborhoods, schools, and school activities.
||Taxi Drivers and Chauffeurs
- Follow relevant safety regulations and state laws governing vehicle operation and ensure that passengers follow safety regulations.
- Drive taxicabs, limousines, company cars, or privately owned vehicles to transport passengers.
- Pick up passengers at prearranged locations, at taxi stands, or by cruising streets in high traffic areas.
- Operate vehicles with specialized equipment, such as wheelchair lifts, to transport and secure passengers with special needs.
||Subway and Streetcar Operators
- Operate controls to open and close transit vehicle doors.
- Drive and control rail-guided public transportation, such as subways, elevated trains, and electric-powered streetcars, trams, or trolleys, to transport passengers.
- Regulate vehicle speed and the time spent at each stop to maintain schedules.
||Heavy and Tractor-Trailer Truck Drivers
- Follow appropriate safety procedures for transporting dangerous goods.
- Follow safety procedures to ensure the protection of passengers, cargo, and vessels.
See all 9 related occupations >>