Related occupations for task:
Communicate with vendors to gather information about products, alert them to future needs, resolve problems, or address system maintenance issues.
- Identify problems uncovered by testing or customer feedback, and correct problems or refer problems to appropriate personnel for correction.
- Confer with management or development teams to prioritize needs, resolve conflicts, develop content criteria, or choose solutions.
- Communicate with network personnel or Web site hosting agencies to address hardware or software issues affecting Web sites.
- Monitor security system performance logs to identify problems and notify security specialists when problems occur.
- Research, document, rate, or select alternatives for Web architecture or technologies.
||Operations Research Analysts
- Collaborate with senior managers and decision makers to identify and solve a variety of problems and to clarify management objectives.
- Collaborate with others in the organization to ensure successful implementation of chosen problem solutions.
- Observe the current system in operation and gather and analyze information about each of the parts of component problems, using a variety of sources.
||Computer User Support Specialists
- Read technical manuals, confer with users, or conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems or to provide technical assistance and support.
- Conduct office automation feasibility studies, including workflow analysis, space design, or cost comparison analysis.
- Consult with managerial, engineering, and technical personnel to clarify program intent, identify problems, and suggest changes.
- Consult with and assist computer operators or system analysts to define and resolve problems in running computer programs.
||Software Developers, Systems Software
- Consult with engineering staff to evaluate interface between hardware and software, develop specifications and performance requirements, or resolve customer problems.
- Confer with data processing or project managers to obtain information on limitations or capabilities for data processing projects.
See all 17 related occupations >>