Related occupations for task:
Select, order, and maintain materials and supplies for teaching and research, such as textbooks, chemicals, and laboratory equipment.
- Review and evaluate materials, using book reviews, catalogs, faculty recommendations, and current holdings to select and order print, audio-visual, and electronic resources.
- Keep up-to-date records of circulation and materials, maintain inventory, and correct cataloging errors.
- Evaluate vendor products and performance, negotiate contracts, and place orders.
- Arrange for interlibrary loans of materials not available in a particular library.
- Plan and organize the acquisition, storage, and exhibition of collections and related materials, including the selection of exhibition themes and designs, and develop or install exhibit materials.
- Negotiate and authorize purchase, sale, exchange, or loan of collections.
- Establish specifications for reproductions and oversee their manufacture or select items from commercially available replica sources.
- Order all print and non-print library materials, checking prices, figuring costs, preparing order slips, and making payments.
- Claim missing issues of periodicals and journals.
- File catalog cards according to system used.
||Molding, Coremaking, and Casting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Inventory and record quantities of materials and finished products, requisitioning additional supplies as necessary.
- Maintain inventories of materials.
- Inventory equipment and supplies, ordering parts and tools as necessary.
- Collect and store patterns and lumber.
See more related occupations >>