- Cement or nail flashing strips of metal or shingle over joints to make them watertight.
- Install partially overlapping layers of material over roof insulation surfaces, using chalk lines, gauges on shingling hatchets, or lines on shingles.
- Apply plastic coatings, membranes, fiberglass, or felt over sloped roofs before applying shingles.
- Install, repair, or replace single-ply roofing systems, using waterproof sheet materials such as modified plastics, elastomeric, or other asphaltic compositions.
- Attach roofing paper to roofs in overlapping strips to form bases for other materials.
- Cover roofs or exterior walls of structures with slate, asphalt, aluminum, wood, gravel, gypsum, or related materials, using brushes, knives, punches, hammers, or other tools.
- Apply reflective roof coatings, such as special paints or single-ply roofing sheets, to existing roofs to reduce solar heat absorption.
- Apply alternate layers of hot asphalt or tar and roofing paper to roofs.
- Apply gravel or pebbles over top layers of roofs, using rakes or stiff-bristled brooms.
- Cover roofs with layers of roofing felt or asphalt strips before installing tile, slate, or composition materials.
- Place tiles, nail them to roof boards, and cover nailheads with roofing cement.
- Attach roofing paper and composition shingles, using nails.
- Perform emergency leak repairs and general maintenance for a variety of roof types.
- Attach sheets of metal to roof boards or building frameworks when installing metal roofs.
- Apply shingles, gravel, or asphalt over the top layer of tar to protect the roofing material.
- Bolt or arc weld pressure vessel structures and parts together, using wrenches or welding equipment.
- Bell, bead with power hammers, or weld pressure vessel tube ends to ensure leakproof joints.
||Pipe Fitters and Steamfitters
- Assemble or secure pipes, tubes, fittings, or related equipment, according to specifications, by welding, brazing, cementing, soldering, or threading joints.
- Attach pipes to walls, structures, or fixtures, such as radiators or tanks, using brackets, clamps, tools, or welding equipment.
- Assemble pipe sections, tubing, or fittings, using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement, plastic solvent, caulking, or soldering, brazing, or welding equipment.
- Weld small pipes or special piping, using specialized techniques, equipment, or materials, such as computer-assisted welding or microchip fabrication.