Related occupations for task:
Create computer models of patterns or parts, using modeling software.
||Fabric and Apparel Patternmakers
- Create a master pattern for each size within a range of garment sizes, using charts, drafting instruments, computers, or grading devices.
- Draw outlines of pattern parts by adapting or copying existing patterns, or by drafting new patterns.
- Create a paper pattern from which to mass-produce a design concept.
- Discuss design specifications with designers, and convert their original models of garments into patterns of separate parts that can be laid out on a length of fabric.
- Create design specifications to provide instructions on garment sewing and assembly.
||Layout Workers, Metal and Plastic
- Plan and develop layouts from blueprints and templates, applying knowledge of trigonometry, design, effects of heat, and properties of metals.
- Design and prepare templates of wood, paper, or metal.
- Draw and cut patterns according to specifications.
- Correct patterns to compensate for defects in castings.
||Tailors, Dressmakers, and Custom Sewers
- Develop, copy, or adapt designs for garments, and design patterns to fit measurements, applying knowledge of garment design, construction, styling, and fabric.
See all 10 related occupations >>