Related occupations for task:
Supervise or conduct field surveys, inspections, or technical investigations to obtain data required to revise construction drawings.
||Surveying and Mapping Technicians
- Position and hold the vertical rods, or targets, that theodolite operators use for sighting to measure angles, distances, and elevations.
- Conduct surveys to ascertain the locations of natural features and man-made structures on the Earth's surface, underground, and underwater, using electronic distance-measuring equipment, such as GPS, and other surveying instruments.
- Record survey measurements or descriptive data, using notes, drawings, sketches, or inked tracings.
- Set out and recover stakes, marks, or other monumentation.
- Record the results of surveys including the shape, contour, location, elevation, and dimensions of land or land features.
- Plan and conduct ground surveys designed to establish baselines, elevations, and other geodetic measurements.
- Survey bodies of water to determine navigable channels and to secure data for construction of breakwaters, piers, and other marine structures.
- Locate and mark sites selected for geophysical prospecting activities such as efforts to locate petroleum or other mineral products.
- Conduct surveys to determine exact positions, measurement of points, elevations, lines, areas, volumes, contours, or other features of land surfaces.
- Determine orientation of tracts of land, including position, boundaries, size, and shape, using theodolites, electronic distance-measuring equipment, satellite-based positioning equipment, land information systems, or other geodetic survey equipment.
||Cartographers and Photogrammetrists
- Collect information about specific features of the Earth, using aerial photography and other digital remote sensing techniques.
- Travel over photographed areas to observe, identify, record, and verify all relevant features.
||Civil Engineering Technologists and Technicians
- Plan and conduct field surveys to locate new sites and analyze details of project sites.
See all 7 related occupations >>