Related occupations for task:
Emphasize or recommend service features based on knowledge of customers' needs and vendor capabilities and limitations.
||Sales Representatives, Wholesale and Manufacturing, Technical and Scientific Products
- Emphasize product features, based on analyses of customers' needs and on technical knowledge of product capabilities and limitations.
- Select or assist customers in selecting products based on customer needs, product specifications, and applicable regulations.
- Inform customers of estimated delivery schedules, service contracts, warranties, or other information pertaining to purchased products.
- Present information to customers about the energy efficiency or environmental impact of scientific or technical products.
||Sales Representatives, Wholesale and Manufacturing, Except Technical and Scientific Products
- Recommend products to customers, based on customers' needs and interests.
- Estimate or quote prices, credit or contract terms, warranties, and delivery dates.
- Contact regular and prospective customers to demonstrate products, explain product features, and solicit orders.
||Demonstrators and Product Promoters
- Demonstrate or explain products, methods, or services to persuade customers to purchase products or use services.
- Suggest specific product purchases to meet customers' needs.
- Recommend product or service improvements to employers.
- Assist customers, such as responding to customer complaints and updating them about back-ordered parts.
- Demonstrate equipment to customers, and explain functioning of equipment.
||Counter and Rental Clerks
- Provide information about rental items, such as availability, operation, or description.
- Recommend and provide advice on a wide variety of products and services.
See all 18 related occupations >>