Related occupations for task:
Counsel individuals, groups, families, or communities regarding issues including mental health, poverty, unemployment, substance abuse, physical abuse, rehabilitation, social adjustment, child care, or medical care.
||Community Health Workers
- Advise clients or community groups on issues related to improving general health, such as diet or exercise.
- Advise clients or community groups on issues related to diagnostic screenings, such as breast cancer screening, pap smears, glaucoma tests, or diabetes screenings.
- Advise clients or community groups on issues related to risk or prevention of conditions such as lead poisoning, human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), prenatal substance abuse, or domestic violence.
- Advise clients or community groups on issues related to self-care, such as diabetes management.
- Advise clients or community groups on issues related to sanitation or hygiene, such as flossing or hand washing.
- Advise clients or community groups to ensure parental understanding of the importance of childhood immunizations and how to access immunization services.
||Marriage and Family Therapists
- Counsel clients on concerns, such as unsatisfactory relationships, divorce and separation, child rearing, home management, or financial difficulties.
- Provide family counseling and treatment services to inmates participating in substance abuse programs.
||Educational, Guidance, School, and Vocational Counselors
- Identify cases of domestic abuse or other family problems and encourage students or parents to seek additional assistance from mental health professionals.
- Counsel individuals to help them understand and overcome personal, social, or behavioral problems affecting their educational or vocational situations.
||Social and Human Service Assistants
- Observe and discuss meal preparation and suggest alternate methods of food preparation.
- Observe clients' food selections and recommend alternate economical and nutritional food choices.
||Mental Health Counselors
- Counsel clients or patients, individually or in group sessions, to assist in overcoming dependencies, adjusting to life, or making changes.
See all 10 related occupations >>