Related Occupations for Task
53-3051.00 - Bus Drivers, School
Related occupations for task:
Read maps and follow written and verbal geographic directions.
||Railroad Conductors and Yardmasters
- Receive information regarding train or rail problems from dispatchers or from electronic monitoring devices.
- Receive instructions from dispatchers regarding trains' routes, timetables, and cargoes.
||Rail Yard Engineers, Dinkey Operators, and Hostlers
- Read switching instructions and daily car schedules to determine work to be performed, or receive orders from yard conductors.
- Receive, relay, and act upon instructions and inquiries from train operations and customer service center personnel.
- Interpret train orders, signals, or railroad rules and regulations that govern the operation of locomotives.
- Receive starting signals from conductors and use controls such as throttles or air brakes to drive electric, diesel-electric, steam, or gas turbine-electric locomotives.
||Automotive Body and Related Repairers
- Follow supervisors' instructions as to which parts to restore or replace and how much time the job should take.
||Heavy and Tractor-Trailer Truck Drivers
- Read and interpret maps to determine vehicle routes.
See all 15 related occupations >>