Related occupations for task:
Evaluate personal characteristics and home conditions of foster home or adoption applicants.
||Educational, Guidance, School, and Vocational Counselors
- Evaluate students' or individuals' abilities, interests, and personality characteristics, using tests, records, interviews, or professional sources.
- Identify cases of domestic abuse or other family problems and encourage students or parents to seek additional assistance from mental health professionals.
- Review transcripts to ensure that students meet graduation or college entrance requirements and write letters of recommendation.
- Analyze information from interviews, educational and medical records, consultation with other professionals, and diagnostic evaluations to assess clients' abilities, needs, and eligibility for services.
- Locate barriers to client employment, such as inaccessible work sites, inflexible schedules, or transportation problems, and work with clients to develop strategies for overcoming these barriers.
||Healthcare Social Workers
- Identify environmental impediments to client or patient progress through interviews and review of patient records.
||Probation Officers and Correctional Treatment Specialists
- Assess the suitability of penitentiary inmates for release under parole and statutory release programs and submit recommendations to parole boards.
||Mental Health Counselors
- Evaluate clients' physical or mental condition, based on review of client information.