Related occupations for task:
Evaluate personal characteristics and home conditions of foster home or adoption applicants.
||Educational, Guidance, School, and Vocational Counselors
- Identify cases of domestic abuse or other family problems and encourage students or parents to seek additional assistance from mental health professionals.
- Evaluate students' or individuals' abilities, interests, and personality characteristics, using tests, records, interviews, or professional sources.
- Review transcripts to ensure that students meet graduation or college entrance requirements and write letters of recommendation.
- Locate barriers to client employment, such as inaccessible work sites, inflexible schedules, or transportation problems, and work with clients to develop strategies for overcoming these barriers.
- Analyze information from interviews, educational and medical records, consultation with other professionals, and diagnostic evaluations to assess clients' abilities, needs, and eligibility for services.
||Healthcare Social Workers
- Identify environmental impediments to client or patient progress through interviews and review of patient records.
||Marriage and Family Therapists
- Determine whether clients should be counseled or referred to other specialists in such fields as medicine, psychiatry, or legal aid.
||Probation Officers and Correctional Treatment Specialists
- Assess the suitability of penitentiary inmates for release under parole and statutory release programs and submit recommendations to parole boards.
See all 7 related occupations >>