Related occupations for task:
Refer patient, client, or family to community resources to assist in recovery from mental or physical illness and to provide access to services such as financial assistance, legal aid, housing, job placement or education.
||Educational, Guidance, School, and Vocational Counselors
- Refer students to degree programs based on interests, aptitudes, or educational assessments.
- Assess needs for assistance, such as rehabilitation, financial aid, or additional vocational training, and refer clients to the appropriate services.
- Refer qualified counselees to employers or employment services for job placement.
||Child, Family, and School Social Workers
- Refer clients to community resources for services, such as job placement, debt counseling, legal aid, housing, medical treatment, or financial assistance, and provide concrete information, such as where to go and how to apply.
||Probation Officers and Correctional Treatment Specialists
- Identify and approve work placements for offenders with community service sentences.
- Participate in job development and placement programs, contacting prospective employers, placing clients in jobs, and evaluating the success of placements.
||Social and Human Service Assistants
- Provide information or refer individuals to public or private agencies or community services for assistance.
See all 10 related occupations >>