Related occupations for task:
Adjust, connect, or disconnect wiring, piping, tubing, and other parts, using hand or power tools.
||Control and Valve Installers and Repairers, Except Mechanical Door
- Connect regulators to test stands, and turn screw adjustments until gauges indicate that inlet and outlet pressures meet specifications.
- Attach air hoses to meter inlets, plug outlets, and observe gauges for pressure losses to test internal seams for leaks.
- Clamp regulator units into vises on stages above water tanks, and attach compressed air hoses to intake ports.
- Splice and connect cables from meters or current transformers to pull boxes or switchboards, using hand tools.
- Connect hoses from provers to meter inlets and outlets, and raise prover bells until prover gauges register zero.
||Electrical Power-Line Installers and Repairers
- Install watt-hour meters and connect service drops between power lines and consumers' facilities.
- Splice or solder cables together or to overhead transmission lines, customer service lines, or street light lines, using hand tools, epoxies, or specialized equipment.
- Clean, tin, and splice corresponding conductors by twisting ends together or by joining ends with metal clamps and soldering connections.
||Manufactured Building and Mobile Home Installers
- Connect water hoses to inlet pipes of plumbing systems, and test operation of plumbing fixtures.
- Connect electrical systems to outside power sources and activate switches to test the operation of appliances and light fixtures.
- Repair circuits, wiring, and soldering, using soldering irons and hand tools to install parts and adjust connections.
- Insert plugs into receptacles and bolt or screw leads to terminals to connect equipment to power sources, using hand tools.
||Electrical and Electronics Installers and Repairers, Transportation Equipment
- Splice wires with knives or cutting pliers, and solder connections to fixtures, outlets, and equipment.
- Measure, cut, and install frameworks and conduit to support and connect wiring, control panels, and junction boxes, using hand tools.
See all 16 related occupations >>