Related occupations for task:
Position lifting devices under, over, or around loaded pallets, skids, or boxes and secure material or products for transport to designated areas.
||Laborers and Freight, Stock, and Material Movers, Hand
- Install protective devices, such as bracing, padding, or strapping, to prevent shifting or damage to items being transported.
- Direct spouts and position receptacles, such as bins, carts, or containers, so they can be loaded.
||Conveyor Operators and Tenders
- Position deflector bars, gates, chutes, or spouts to divert flow of materials from one conveyor onto another conveyor.
- Thread strapping through strapping tools and secure battens with strapping to form protective pallets around extrusions.
||Heavy and Tractor-Trailer Truck Drivers
- Secure cargo for transport, using ropes, blocks, chain, binders, or covers.
- Wrap and secure goods using pads, packing paper, containers, or straps.
||Mine Shuttle Car Operators
- Move mine cars into position for loading and unloading, using pinchbars inserted under car wheels to position cars under loading spouts.
- Push or ride cars down slopes, or hook cars to cables and control cable drum brakes, to ease cars down inclines.
||Rail Yard Engineers, Dinkey Operators, and Hostlers
- Pull knuckles to open them for coupling.
- Provide assistance in aligning drawbars, using available equipment to lift, pull, or push on the drawbars.
See all 10 related occupations >>