- Direct distribution center operation to ensure achievement of cost, productivity, accuracy, or timeliness objectives.
- Direct or coordinate comprehensive logistical or reverse logistical functions for product life cycles, including acquisition, distribution, internal allocation, delivery, recycling, reuse, or final disposal of resources.
- Direct inbound or outbound logistics operations, such as transportation or warehouse activities, safety performance, or logistics quality management.
- Participate in carrier management processes, such as selection, qualification, or performance evaluation.
- Plan or implement material flow management systems to meet production requirements.
||General and Operations Managers
- Direct and coordinate activities of businesses or departments concerned with the production, pricing, sales, or distribution of products.
- Direct administrative activities directly related to making products or providing services.
- Manage the movement of goods into and out of production facilities to ensure efficiency, effectiveness, or sustainability of operations.
- Direct non-merchandising departments of businesses, such as advertising or purchasing.
- Appoint department heads or managers and assign or delegate responsibilities to them.
- Direct, plan, or implement policies, objectives, or activities of organizations or businesses to ensure continuing operations, to maximize returns on investments, or to increase productivity.
- Direct or coordinate activities of businesses or departments concerned with production, pricing, sales, or distribution of products.
- Direct activities related to dispatching, routing, or tracking transportation vehicles, such as aircraft or railroad cars.
- Direct or coordinate the activities of operations department to obtain use of equipment, facilities, or human resources.
- Direct central load control centers to maximize efficiency and effectiveness of transportation services.
||Education Administrators, Postsecondary
- Coordinate the production and dissemination of university publications, such as course catalogs and class schedules.
- Write grants to procure external funding, and supervise grant-funded projects.