Related Occupations for Task
23-1011.00 - Lawyers
Related occupations for task:
Select jurors, argue motions, meet with judges, and question witnesses during the course of a trial.
||Arbitrators, Mediators, and Conciliators
- Confer with disputants to clarify issues, identify underlying concerns, and develop an understanding of their respective needs and interests.
- Conduct initial meetings with disputants to outline the arbitration process, settle procedural matters, such as fees, or determine details, such as witness numbers or time requirements.
- Interview claimants, agents, or witnesses to obtain information about disputed issues.
- Participate in court proceedings.
||Paralegals and Legal Assistants
- Meet with clients and other professionals to discuss details of case.
- Call upon witnesses to testify at hearing.
||Judicial Law Clerks
- Keep abreast of changes in the law and inform judges when cases are affected by such changes.
||Claims Adjusters, Examiners, and Investigators
- Confer with legal counsel on claims requiring litigation.
||Title Examiners, Abstractors, and Searchers
- Confer with realtors, lending institution personnel, buyers, sellers, contractors, surveyors, and courthouse personnel to exchange title-related information or to resolve problems.
See all 7 related occupations >>