Related Occupations for Task
29-1071.00 - Physician Assistants
Related occupations for task:
Prescribe therapy or medication with physician approval.
- Prescribe or administer medications, such as anti-epileptic drugs, and monitor patients for behavioral and cognitive side effects.
- Order supportive care services such as physical therapy, specialized nursing care, and social services.
- Prescribe or administer treatments such as transcranial magnetic stimulation, vagus nerve stimulation, and deep brain stimulation.
- Select, order, or administer anesthetics, adjuvant drugs, accessory drugs, fluids or blood products as necessary.
- Select, order, or administer pre-anesthetic medications.
- Select and prescribe post-anesthesia medications or treatments to patients.
- Recommend diagnostic or therapeutic interventions with attention to safety, cost, invasiveness, simplicity, acceptability, adherence, and efficacy.
- Prescribe medications based on efficacy, safety, and cost as legally authorized.
- Prescribe medication dosages, routes, and frequencies based on patient characteristics such as age and gender.
- Prescribe medications to treat eye diseases if state laws permit.
- Prescribe therapeutic procedures to correct or conserve vision.
||Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Physicians
- Prescribe physical therapy to relax the muscles and improve strength.
- Prescribe therapy services, such as electrotherapy, ultrasonography, heat or cold therapy, hydrotherapy, debridement, short-wave or microwave diathermy, and infrared or ultraviolet radiation, to enhance rehabilitation.
See more related occupations >>