- Assemble pipe sections, tubing, or fittings, using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement, plastic solvent, caulking, or soldering, brazing, or welding equipment.
- Install pipe assemblies, fittings, valves, appliances such as dishwashers or water heaters, or fixtures such as sinks or toilets, using hand or power tools.
- Anchor steel supports from ceiling joists to hold pipes in place.
- Install underground storm, sanitary, or water piping systems, extending piping as needed to connect fixtures and plumbing.
||Solar Thermal Installers and Technicians
- Install copper or plastic plumbing using pipes, fittings, pipe cutters, acetylene torches, solder, wire brushes, sand cloths, flux, plastic pipe cleaners, or plastic glue.
- Install circulating pumps using pipe, fittings, soldering equipment, electrical supplies, and hand tools.
- Connect water heaters and storage tanks to power and water sources.
- Install plumbing, such as dip tubes, port fittings, drain tank valves, pressure temperature relief valves, or tanks, according to manufacturer specifications and building codes.
||Helpers--Pipelayers, Plumbers, Pipefitters, and Steamfitters
- Measure, cut, thread and assemble new pipe, placing the assembled pipe in hangers or other supports.
- Fit or assist in fitting valves, couplings, or assemblies to tanks, pumps, or systems, using hand tools.
- Mount brackets and hangers on walls and ceilings to hold pipes, and set sleeves or inserts to provide support for pipes.
- Excavate and grade ditches, and lay and join pipe for water and sewer service.
||Drywall and Ceiling Tile Installers
- Fit and fasten wallboard or drywall into position on wood or metal frameworks, using glue, nails, or screws.
- Hang drywall panels on metal frameworks of walls and ceilings in offices, schools, or other large buildings, using lifts or hoists to adjust panel heights when necessary.
- Suspend angle iron grids or channel irons from ceilings, using wire.
||Pipe Fitters and Steamfitters
- Assemble or secure pipes, tubes, fittings, or related equipment, according to specifications, by welding, brazing, cementing, soldering, or threading joints.
- Attach pipes to walls, structures, or fixtures, such as radiators or tanks, using brackets, clamps, tools, or welding equipment.
- Install pipe systems to support alternative energy-fueled systems, such as geothermal heating or cooling systems.