||Elevator Installers and Repairers
- Assemble, install, repair, and maintain elevators, escalators, moving sidewalks, and dumbwaiters, using hand and power tools, and testing devices such as test lamps, ammeters, and voltmeters.
- Attach guide shoes and rollers to minimize the lateral motion of cars as they travel through shafts.
- Connect car frames to counterweights, using steel cables.
- Bolt or weld steel rails to the walls of shafts to guide elevators, working from scaffolding or platforms.
- Assemble elevator cars, installing each car's platform, walls, and doors.
- Assemble electrically powered stairs, steel frameworks, and tracks, and install associated motors and electrical wiring.
- Bolt or arc weld pressure vessel structures and parts together, using wrenches or welding equipment.
- Assemble large vessels in an on-site fabrication shop prior to installation to ensure proper fit.
- Bell, bead with power hammers, or weld pressure vessel tube ends to ensure leakproof joints.
||Explosives Workers, Ordnance Handling Experts, and Blasters
- Assemble and position equipment, explosives, and blasting caps in holes at specified depths, or load perforating guns or torpedoes with explosives.
- Insert waterproof sealers, bullets, and/or powder charges into guns, and screw gun ports back into place.
- Insert powder charges into chambers of sidewall sample-taking cylinders, and assemble cylinders, using special wrenches.
||Pipe Fitters and Steamfitters
- Assemble or secure pipes, tubes, fittings, or related equipment, according to specifications, by welding, brazing, cementing, soldering, or threading joints.
- Attach pipes to walls, structures, or fixtures, such as radiators or tanks, using brackets, clamps, tools, or welding equipment.
- Assemble pipe sections, tubing, or fittings, using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement, plastic solvent, caulking, or soldering, brazing, or welding equipment.
- Weld small pipes or special piping, using specialized techniques, equipment, or materials, such as computer-assisted welding or microchip fabrication.