Related occupations for task:
Issue medications from dispensary and maintain records in accordance with specified procedures.
- Maintain proper storage and security conditions for drugs.
- Order, label, and count stock of medications, chemicals, or supplies and enter inventory data into computer.
- Receive and store incoming supplies, verify quantities against invoices, check for outdated medications in current inventory, and inform supervisors of stock needs and shortages.
- Restock intravenous (IV) supplies and add measured drugs or nutrients to IV solutions under sterile conditions to prepare IV packs for various uses, such as chemotherapy medication.
- Count sponges, needles, and instruments before and after operation.
- Clean and restock operating room, gathering and placing equipment and supplies and arranging instruments according to instructions, such as a preference card.
- Maintain supply of fluids, such as plasma, saline, blood, or glucose, for use during operations.
- Operate digital picture archiving communications systems.
- Assure that sterile or non-sterile supplies, such as contrast materials, catheters, films, chemicals, or other required equipment, are present and in working order or requisition materials.
- Maintain a current file of examination protocols.
- Maintain records, such as pharmacy files, patient profiles, charge system files, inventories, control records for radioactive nuclei, or registries of poisons, narcotics, or controlled drugs.
- Order and purchase pharmaceutical supplies, medical supplies, or drugs, maintaining stock and storing and handling it properly.
- Update or troubleshoot pharmacy information databases.
||Veterinary Technologists and Technicians
- Maintain controlled drug inventory and related log books.
- Maintain laboratory, research, or treatment records, as well as inventories of pharmaceuticals, equipment, or supplies.
- Monitor medical supplies and place orders when inventory is low.
See more related occupations >>