Related occupations for task:
Operate skidders, bulldozers, or other prime movers to pull a variety of scarification or site preparation equipment over areas to be regenerated.
||Logging Equipment Operators
- Control hydraulic tractors equipped with tree clamps and booms to lift, swing, and bunch sheared trees.
- Drive straight or articulated tractors equipped with accessories such as bulldozer blades, grapples, logging arches, cable winches, and crane booms, to skid, load, unload, or stack logs, pull stumps, or clear brush.
- Drive crawler or wheeled tractors to drag or transport logs from felling sites to log landing areas for processing and loading.
- Drive tractors for the purpose of building or repairing logging and skid roads.
- Drive and maneuver tractors and tree harvesters to shear the tops off of trees, cut and limb the trees, and cut the logs into desired lengths.
- Stop saw engines, pull cutting bars from cuts, and run to safety as tree falls.
- Clear brush from work areas and escape routes, and cut saplings and other trees from direction of falls, using axes, chainsaws, or bulldozers.
- Insert jacks or drive wedges behind saws to prevent binding of saws and to start trees falling.
- Work as a member of a team, rotating between chain saw operation and skidder operation.
- Split logs, using axes, wedges, and mauls, and stack wood in ricks or cord lots.
||Log Graders and Scalers
- Tend conveyor chains that move logs to and from scaling stations.