Related Occupations for Task
29-1063.00 - Internists, General
Related occupations for task:
Make diagnoses when different illnesses occur together or in situations where the diagnosis may be obscure.
- Diagnose or treat acute health care problems, such as illnesses, infections, or injuries.
- Diagnose or treat chronic health care problems, such as high blood pressure and diabetes.
- Diagnose or treat complex, unstable, comorbid, episodic, or emergency conditions in collaboration with other health care providers as necessary.
- Diagnose and treat pigmented lesions such as common acquired nevi, congenital nevi, dysplastic nevi, Spitz nevi, blue nevi, or melanoma.
- Diagnose and treat skin conditions such as acne, dandruff, athlete's foot, moles, psoriasis, or skin cancer.
- Diagnose diseases or study medical conditions, using techniques such as gross pathology, histology, cytology, cytopathology, clinical chemistry, immunology, flow cytometry, or molecular biology.
- Diagnose infections, such as Hepatitis B and Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS), by conducting tests to detect the antibodies that patients' immune systems make to fight such infections.
||Advanced Practice Psychiatric Nurses
- Diagnose psychiatric disorders and mental health conditions.
- Distinguish between physiologically and psychologically based disorders and diagnose appropriately.
- Diagnose neurological conditions based on interpretation of examination findings, histories, or test results.
- Identify and treat major neurological system diseases and disorders, such as central nervous system infection, cranio spinal trauma, dementia, and stroke.
See more related occupations >>