Related occupations for task:
Perform bookkeeping duties, such as credits or collections, preparing and sending financial statements or bills, and keeping financial records.
||Hotel, Motel, and Resort Desk Clerks
- Keep records of room availability and guests' accounts, manually or using computers.
- Post charges, such as those for rooms, food, liquor, or telephone calls, to ledgers, manually or by using computers.
- Record guest comments or complaints, referring customers to managers as necessary.
- Compute bills, collect payments, and make change for guests.
- Perform bookkeeping activities, such as balancing accounts and conducting nightly audits.
- Receive checks and cash for deposit, verify amounts, and check accuracy of deposit slips.
- Receive and count daily inventories of cash, drafts, and travelers' checks.
- Receive mortgage, loan, or public utility bill payments, verifying payment dates and amounts due.
- Compose, type, and mail customer statements and other correspondence related to issues such as discrepancies and outstanding unpaid items.
- Process and maintain records of customer loans.
||Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks
- Receive, record, and bank cash, checks, and vouchers.
- Classify, record, and summarize numerical and financial data to compile and keep financial records, using journals and ledgers or computers.
- Debit, credit, and total accounts on computer spreadsheets and databases, using specialized accounting software.
- Perform personal bookkeeping services.
- Prepare trial balances of books.
||Bill and Account Collectors
- Record information about financial status of customers and status of collection efforts.
- Receive payments and post amounts paid to customer accounts.
- Perform various administrative functions for assigned accounts, such as recording address changes and purging the records of deceased customers.
- Contact insurance companies to check on status of claims payments and write appeal letters for denial on claims.
||Insurance Claims and Policy Processing Clerks
- Transmit claims for payment or further investigation.
- Collect initial premiums and issue receipts.
- Modify, update, or process existing policies and claims to reflect any change in beneficiary, amount of coverage, or type of insurance.
- Organize or work with detailed office or warehouse records, maintaining files for each policyholder, including policies that are to be reinstated or cancelled.
See more related occupations >>