Related Occupations for Task
47-3012.00 - Helpers--Carpenters
Related occupations for task:
Perform tie spacing layout and measure, mark, drill or cut.
||Drywall and Ceiling Tile Installers
- Measure and mark surfaces to lay out work, according to blueprints or drawings, using tape measures, straightedges or squares, and marking devices.
- Measure and cut openings in panels or tiles for electrical outlets, windows, vents, plumbing, or other fixtures, using keyhole saws or other cutting tools.
- Hang dry lines to wall moldings to guide positioning of main runners.
- Measure and mark outlines or patterns on glass to indicate cutting lines.
- Measure mirrors and dimensions of areas to be covered to determine work procedures.
- Measure, cut, fit, and press anti-glare adhesive film to glass or spray glass with tinting solution to prevent light glare.
||Tile and Marble Setters
- Measure and mark surfaces to be tiled, following blueprints.
- Measure and cut metal lath to size for walls and ceilings, using tin snips.
- Locate and mark reference points for columns or plates on boiler foundations, following blueprints and using straightedges, squares, transits, or measuring instruments.
- Lay out plate, sheet steel, or other heavy metal and locate and mark bending and cutting lines, using protractors, compasses, and drawing instruments or templates.
- Measure materials or distances, using square, measuring tape, or rule to lay out work.
- Mark cutting lines on materials, using pencil and scriber.
See more related occupations >>