Related occupations for task:
Verify accuracy and completeness of land-related documents accepted for registration, preparing rejection notices when documents are not acceptable.
||Paralegals and Legal Assistants
- Prepare affidavits or other documents, such as legal correspondence, and organize and maintain documents in paper or electronic filing system.
- Prepare legal documents, including briefs, pleadings, appeals, wills, contracts, and real estate closing statements.
- Gather and analyze research data, such as statutes, decisions, and legal articles, codes, and documents.
- Arbitrate disputes between parties and assist in the real estate closing process, such as by reviewing title searches.
||Judicial Law Clerks
- Prepare briefs, legal memoranda, or statements of issues involved in cases, including appropriate suggestions or recommendations.
- Draft or proofread judicial opinions, decisions, or citations.
- Maintain judges' law libraries by assembling or updating appropriate documents.
||Arbitrators, Mediators, and Conciliators
- Prepare settlement agreements for disputants to sign.
- Evaluate information from documents such as claim applications, birth or death certificates, or physician or employer records.
- Issue subpoenas or administer oaths to prepare for formal hearings.
- Prepare, draft, and review legal documents, such as wills, deeds, patent applications, mortgages, leases, and contracts.
- Prepare legal briefs and opinions, and file appeals in state and federal courts of appeal.
- Search for and examine public and other legal records to write opinions or establish ownership.
||Administrative Law Judges, Adjudicators, and Hearing Officers
- Research and analyze laws, regulations, policies, and precedent decisions to prepare for hearings and to determine conclusions.
- Review and evaluate data on documents, such as claim applications, birth or death certificates, or physician or employer records.
- Issue subpoenas and administer oaths in preparation for formal hearings.
See all 8 related occupations >>