||Food Preparation Workers
- Wash, peel, and cut various foods, such as fruits and vegetables, to prepare for cooking or serving.
- Cut, slice or grind meat, poultry, and seafood to prepare for cooking.
- Use manual or electric appliances to clean, peel, slice, and trim foods.
- Butcher and clean fowl, fish, poultry, and shellfish to prepare for cooking or serving.
- Wash, peel, cut, and seed fruits and vegetables to prepare them for consumption.
- Carve and trim meats such as beef, veal, ham, pork, and lamb for hot or cold service, or for sandwiches.
- Butcher and dress animals, fowl, or shellfish, or cut and bone meat prior to cooking.
||Cooks, Private Household
- Cool, package, label, and freeze foods for later consumption and provide instructions for reheating.
- Peel, wash, trim, and cook vegetables and meats, and bake breads and pastries.
- Plan and prepare food for parties, holiday meals, luncheons, special functions, and other social events.
||Cooks, Fast Food
- Wash, cut, and prepare foods designated for cooking.
||Cooks, Short Order
- Perform food preparation tasks, such as making sandwiches, carving meats, making soups or salads, baking breads or desserts, and brewing coffee or tea.