Related occupations for task:
Drive crawler or wheeled tractors to drag or transport logs from felling sites to log landing areas for processing and loading.
- Stop saw engines, pull cutting bars from cuts, and run to safety as tree falls.
- Clear brush from work areas and escape routes, and cut saplings and other trees from direction of falls, using axes, chainsaws, or bulldozers.
- Insert jacks or drive wedges behind saws to prevent binding of saws and to start trees falling.
- Work as a member of a team, rotating between chain saw operation and skidder operation.
- Split logs, using axes, wedges, and mauls, and stack wood in ricks or cord lots.
||Forest and Conservation Workers
- Operate skidders, bulldozers, or other prime movers to pull a variety of scarification or site preparation equipment over areas to be regenerated.
- Thin or space trees, using power thinning saws.
- Prune or shear tree tops or limbs to control growth, increase density, or improve shape.
||Log Graders and Scalers
- Tend conveyor chains that move logs to and from scaling stations.