||Bioengineers and Biomedical Engineers
- Collaborate with manufacturing or quality assurance staff to prepare product specification or safety sheets, standard operating procedures, user manuals, or qualification and validation reports.
- Confer with research and biomanufacturing personnel to ensure the compatibility of design and production.
- Consult with chemists or biologists to develop or evaluate novel technologies.
- Confer with clients, vendors, staff, and management personnel regarding purchases, product and production specifications, manufacturing capabilities, or project status.
- Communicate with management and user personnel to develop production and design standards.
||Health and Safety Engineers, Except Mining Safety Engineers and Inspectors
- Maintain liaisons with outside organizations, such as fire departments, mutual aid societies, and rescue teams, so that emergency responses can be facilitated.
- Confer with medical professionals to assess health risks and to develop ways to manage health issues and concerns.
||Electrical and Electronics Drafters
- Consult with engineers to discuss or interpret design concepts, or determine requirements of detailed working drawings.
- Review blueprints to determine customer requirements and consult with assembler regarding schematics, wiring procedures, or conductor paths.
||Aerospace Engineering and Operations Technologists and Technicians
- Confer with engineering personnel regarding details and implications of test procedures and results.
||Civil Engineering Technologists and Technicians
- Confer with supervisor to determine project details such as plan preparation, acceptance testing, and evaluation of field conditions.
- Coordinate with and consult other workers to design, lay out, or detail components and systems and to resolve design or other problems.
||Computer Hardware Engineers
- Confer with engineering staff and consult specifications to evaluate interface between hardware and software and operational and performance requirements of overall system.
- Consult with other scientists to determine parameters of experimentation or suitability of analytical models.
- Confer with engineers, customers, or others to discuss existing or potential engineering projects or products.
- Plan and evaluate new projects, consulting with other engineers and corporate executives as necessary.
||Electronics Engineers, Except Computer
- Confer with engineers, customers, vendors, or others to discuss existing or potential electronics engineering projects or products.
- Communicate manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, or other information to facilitate production processes.
- Confer with contractors, utility companies, or government agencies to discuss plans, specifications, or work schedules.
||Fuel Cell Engineers
- Plan or implement fuel cell cost reduction or product improvement projects in collaboration with other engineers, suppliers, support personnel, or customers.
||Human Factors Engineers and Ergonomists
- Advocate for end users in collaboration with other professionals, including engineers, designers, managers, or customers.
- Confer with engineers or other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, or provide technical information.
- Serve as liaison with federal, state, or local agencies or officials on issues pertaining to solid or hazardous waste program requirements.
||Marine Engineers and Naval Architects
- Confer with research personnel to clarify or resolve problems and to develop or modify designs.
- Communicate operating characteristics or performance experience to other engineers or designers for training or new product development purposes.