- Plan and implement laboratory operations to develop material and fabrication procedures that meet cost, product specification, and performance standards.
- Plan and evaluate new projects, consulting with other engineers and corporate executives as necessary.
- Plan alteration or modification of existing transportation structures to improve safety or function.
- Develop plans to deconstruct damaged or obsolete roadways or other transportation structures in a manner that is environmentally sound or prepares the land for sustainable development.
||Fire-Prevention and Protection Engineers
- Develop plans for the prevention of destruction by fire, wind, and water.
- Plan and direct construction of rural electric-power distribution systems, and irrigation, drainage, and flood control systems for soil and water conservation.
||Civil Engineering Technologists and Technicians
- Develop plans and estimate costs for installation of systems, utilization of facilities, or construction of structures.
||Calibration Technologists and Technicians
- Plan sequences of calibration tests according to equipment specifications and scientific principles.
||Mining and Geological Engineers, Including Mining Safety Engineers
- Select locations and plan underground or surface mining operations, specifying processes, labor usage, and equipment that will result in safe, economical, and environmentally sound extraction of minerals and ores.
- Develop planting plans to help clients garden productively or to achieve particular aesthetic effects.
- Develop or contribute to the development of plans to remediate or restore environments affected by nuclear radiation, such as waste disposal sites.
- Develop validation master plans, process flow diagrams, test cases, or standard operating procedures.
- Develop plans for oil and gas field drilling, and for product recovery and treatment.
||Architects, Except Landscape and Naval
- Develop final construction plans that include aesthetic representations of the structure or details for its construction.
||Environmental Engineering Technologists and Technicians
- Develop work plans, including writing specifications or establishing material, manpower, or facilities needs.
||Fuel Cell Engineers
- Plan or implement fuel cell cost reduction or product improvement projects in collaboration with other engineers, suppliers, support personnel, or customers.
- Assist in the transition of photonic prototypes to production.
||Architectural and Civil Drafters
- Determine the order of work and method of presentation, such as orthographic or isometric drawing.
- Develop, implement, or manage plans or programs related to conservation or management of natural resources.
- Develop plans for new water resources or water efficiency programs.
||Bioengineers and Biomedical Engineers
- Prepare project plans for equipment or facility improvements, including time lines, budgetary estimates, or capital spending requests.
||Electrical and Electronics Drafters
- Determine the order of work and the method of presentation, such as orthographic or isometric drawing.