||Inspectors, Testers, Sorters, Samplers, and Weighers
- Discard or reject products, materials, or equipment not meeting specifications.
- Compute usable amounts of items in shipments.
- Grade, classify, or sort products according to sizes, weights, colors, or other specifications.
||Biofuels Processing Technicians
- Collect biofuels samples and perform routine laboratory tests or analyses to assess biofuels quality.
- Assess the quality of biofuels additives for reprocessing.
||Quality Control Systems Managers
- Collect and analyze production samples to evaluate quality.
- Verify that raw materials, purchased parts or components, in-process samples, and finished products meet established testing and inspection standards.
||Food Service Managers
- Schedule and receive food and beverage deliveries, checking delivery contents to verify product quality and quantity.
- Test cooked food by tasting and smelling it to ensure palatability and flavor conformity.
- Perform quality checks on products and parts.
- Monitor product quality to ensure compliance with standards and specifications.
||Food Scientists and Technologists
- Check raw ingredients for maturity or stability for processing, and finished products for safety, quality, and nutritional value.
||Biofuels Production Managers
- Draw samples of biofuels products or secondary by-products for quality control testing.
||Food Science Technicians
- Taste or smell foods or beverages to ensure that flavors meet specifications or to select samples with specific characteristics.
- Check adhesives to ensure that they will work and will remain durable.
||Biomass Plant Technicians
- Assess quality of biomass feedstock.
- Examine costume fit on cast members and sketch or write notes for alterations.
||Industrial Production Managers
- Set and monitor product standards, examining samples of raw products or directing testing during processing, to ensure finished products are of prescribed quality.
||Water Resource Specialists
- Conduct, or oversee the conduct of, chemical, physical, and biological water quality monitoring or sampling to ensure compliance with water quality standards.
||Crushing, Grinding, and Polishing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Reject defective products and readjust equipment to eliminate problems.
||Gem and Diamond Workers
- Assign polish, symmetry, and clarity grades to stones, according to established grading systems.
||Printing Press Operators
- Verify that paper and ink meet the specifications for a given job.
||First-Line Supervisors of Food Preparation and Serving Workers
- Evaluate new products for usefulness and suitability.
||Shoe and Leather Workers and Repairers
- Check the texture, color, and strength of leather to ensure that it is adequate for a particular purpose.
||Jewelers and Precious Stone and Metal Workers
- Grade stones based on their color, perfection, and quality of cut.