||Fine Artists, Including Painters, Sculptors, and Illustrators
- Render drawings, illustrations, and sketches of buildings, manufactured products, or models, working from sketches, blueprints, memory, models, or reference materials.
- Shade and fill in sketch outlines and backgrounds, using a variety of media such as water colors, markers, and transparent washes, labeling designated colors when necessary.
- Create and prepare sketches and model drawings of cartoon characters, providing details from memory, live models, manufactured products, or reference materials.
- Create sketches, profiles, or likenesses of posed subjects or photographs, using any combination of freehand drawing, mechanical assembly kits, and computer imaging.
- Trace drawings onto clear acetate for painting or coloring, or trace them with ink to make final copies.
- Create graphics, illustrations, and three-dimensional models to be used in research or in teaching, such as in demonstrating anatomy, pathology, or surgical procedures.
- Prepare illustrations or rough sketches of material, discussing them with clients or supervisors and making necessary changes.
- Draw and print charts, graphs, illustrations, and other artwork, using computer.
||Multimedia Artists and Animators
- Script, plan, and create animated narrative sequences under tight deadlines, using computer software and hand drawing techniques.
- Create pen-and-paper images to be scanned, edited, colored, textured, or animated by computer.
||Set and Exhibit Designers
- Prepare rough drafts and scale working drawings of sets, including floor plans, scenery, and properties to be constructed.
- Prepare preliminary renderings of proposed exhibits, including detailed construction, layout, and material specifications, and diagrams relating to aspects such as special effects or lighting.
- Use computer-aided drafting (CAD) and related software to produce construction documents.
- Render design ideas in form of paste-ups or drawings.
||Commercial and Industrial Designers
- Prepare sketches of ideas, detailed drawings, illustrations, artwork, or blueprints, using drafting instruments, paints and brushes, or computer-aided design equipment.
- Design graphic material for use as ornamentation, illustration, or advertising on manufactured materials and packaging or containers.
- Sketch or draw objects to be crafted.
- Develop designs using specialized computer software.
||Merchandise Displayers and Window Trimmers
- Use computers to produce signage.
- Prepare sketches, floor plans, or models of proposed displays.
- Draw sketches to illustrate specified materials or assembly sequence.
||Police Identification and Records Officers
- Create sketches and diagrams by hand or with computer software to depict crime scenes.
- Sketch rough and detailed drawings of apparel or accessories, and write specifications such as color schemes, construction, material types, and accessory requirements.
||Audio and Video Equipment Technicians
- Produce rough and finished graphics and graphic designs.