||Medical Secretaries and Administrative Assistants
- Maintain medical records, technical library, or correspondence files.
- Compile and record medical charts, reports, or correspondence, using typewriter or personal computer.
- Transcribe recorded messages or practitioners' diagnoses or recommendations into patients' medical records.
- Set up and maintain medical files and databases, including records such as x-ray, lab, and procedure reports, medical histories, diagnostic workups, admission and discharge summaries, and clinical resumes.
- Receive patients, schedule appointments, and maintain patient records.
- Record and maintain patient information, such as vital signs, eating habits, behavior, progress notes, treatments, or discharge plans.
- Complete administrative tasks, such as entering orders into computer, answering telephone calls, or maintaining medical or facility information.
- Record treatment information in patient records.
- Schedule appointments, prepare bills and receive payment for dental services, complete insurance forms, and maintain records, manually or using computer.
||Speech-Language Pathology Assistants
- Document clients' progress toward meeting established treatment objectives.
- Perform support duties, such as preparing materials, keeping records, maintaining supplies, and scheduling activities.
- Maintain treatment records.
- Perform clerical tasks, such as filing, compiling and maintaining prescription records, or composing letters.
||Bill and Account Collectors
- Sort and file correspondence and perform miscellaneous clerical duties, such as answering correspondence and writing reports.
||Home Health Aides
- Maintain records of patient care, condition, progress, or problems to report and discuss observations with supervisor or case manager.
||Occupational Therapy Aides
- Observe patients' attendance, progress, attitudes, and accomplishments and record and maintain information in client records.
||Executive Secretaries and Executive Administrative Assistants
- Prepare invoices, reports, memos, letters, financial statements, and other documents, using word processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentation software.
||Physical Therapist Aides
- Record treatment given and equipment used.
- Record patient information, such as radiation doses administered, in patient records.
||Occupational Therapy Assistants
- Observe and record patients' progress, attitudes, and behavior and maintain this information in client records.