||Purchasing Agents, Except Wholesale, Retail, and Farm Products
- Maintain and review computerized or manual records of purchased items, costs, deliveries, product performance, and inventories.
- Monitor shipments to ensure that goods come in on time, and resolve problems related to undelivered goods.
- Study sales records and inventory levels of current stock to develop strategic purchasing programs that facilitate employee access to supplies.
- Remotely monitor the flow of vehicles or inventory, using Web-based logistics information systems to track vehicles or containers.
- Track product flow from origin to final delivery.
- Monitor inventory transactions at warehouse facilities to assess receiving, storage, shipping, or inventory integrity.
||Sales Representatives, Wholesale and Manufacturing, Except Technical and Scientific Products
- Check stock levels and reorder merchandise as necessary.
- Buy products from manufacturers or brokerage firms and distribute them to wholesale and retail clients.
||First-Line Supervisors of Retail Sales Workers
- Review inventory and sales records to prepare reports for management and budget departments.
- Inventory stock and reorder when inventory drops to a specified level.
- Locate and label parts, and maintain inventory of stock.
- Determine if inventory quantities are sufficient for needs, ordering more materials when necessary.
||Wholesale and Retail Buyers, Except Farm Products
- Buy merchandise or commodities for resale to wholesale or retail consumers.
||Stockers and Order Fillers
- Take inventory or examine merchandise to identify items to be reordered or replenished.
||Transportation, Storage, and Distribution Managers
- Monitor inventory levels of products or materials in warehouses.
||Door-to-Door Sales Workers, News and Street Vendors, and Related Workers
- Order or purchase supplies.
- Check inventory records to determine availability of requested merchandise.
||Office Clerks, General
- Inventory and order materials, supplies, and services.
- Monitor or trace the location of goods.
- Inventory stock and requisition new stock.
||First-Line Supervisors of Office and Administrative Support Workers
- Monitor inventory levels and requisition or purchase supplies as needed.