- Erect scaffolding or ladders for assembling structures above ground level.
- Assemble and fasten materials to make frameworks or props, using hand tools and wood screws, nails, dowel pins, or glue.
- Construct forms or chutes for pouring concrete.
||Structural Iron and Steel Workers
- Assemble hoisting equipment or rigging, such as cables, pulleys, or hooks, to move heavy equipment or materials.
- Dismantle structures or equipment.
- Set up scaffolding to provide safe access to roofs.
- Set ladders, scaffolds, and hoists in place for taking supplies to roofs.
- Erect or dismantle scaffolding, shoring, braces, traffic barricades, ramps, or other temporary structures.
||Roof Bolters, Mining
- Tighten ends of anchored truss bolts, using turnbuckles.
- Erect scaffolding, shoring, or braces.
||Plasterers and Stucco Masons
||Terrazzo Workers and Finishers
- Remove frames when the foundation is dry.
||Highway Maintenance Workers
- Place and remove snow fences used to prevent the accumulation of drifting snow on highways.
||Coating, Painting, and Spraying Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Set up portable equipment, such as ventilators, exhaust units, ladders, or scaffolding.
||Welders, Cutters, Solderers, and Brazers
- Set up and use ladders and scaffolding as necessary to complete work.
||Helpers--Painters, Paperhangers, Plasterers, and Stucco Masons
||Helpers--Brickmasons, Blockmasons, Stonemasons, and Tile and Marble Setters
- Erect scaffolding or other installation structures.
||Roustabouts, Oil and Gas
- Bolt or nail together wood or steel framework to erect derricks.
- Dismantle extracting and boring equipment used for excavation, using hand tools.
||Derrick Operators, Oil and Gas
- Set and bolt crown blocks to posts at tops of derricks.
||Painters, Construction and Maintenance
- Erect scaffolding or swing gates, or set up ladders, to work above ground level.
- Set up equipment, such as pasteboards and scaffolds.
||Paving, Surfacing, and Tamping Equipment Operators
- Set up and tear down equipment.