- Lift raw materials, finished products, and packed items, manually or using hoists.
- Unclamp and hoist full reels from braiding, winding, or other fabricating machines, using power hoists.
- Attach slings, ropes, or cables to objects such as pipes, hoses, or bundles.
||Foundry Mold and Coremakers
- Move and position workpieces, such as mold sections, patterns, and bottom boards, using cranes, or signal others to move workpieces.
||Layout Workers, Metal and Plastic
- Lift and position workpieces in relation to surface plates, manually or with hoists, and using parallel blocks and angle plates.
||Lathe and Turning Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Lift metal stock or workpieces manually or using hoists, and position and secure them in machines, using fasteners and hand tools.
||Drilling and Boring Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Lift workpieces onto work tables either manually or with hoists or direct crane operators to lift and position workpieces.
||Food Cooking Machine Operators and Tenders
- Pour, dump, or load prescribed quantities of ingredients or products into cooking equipment, manually or using a hoist.
||Tool and Die Makers
- Lift, position, and secure machined parts on surface plates or worktables, using hoists, vises, v-blocks, or angle plates.
||Grinding, Lapping, Polishing, and Buffing Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Lift and position workpieces, manually or with hoists, and secure them in hoppers or on machine tables, faceplates, or chucks, using clamps.
||Hydroelectric Plant Technicians
- Lift and move loads, using cranes, hoists, and rigging, to install or repair hydroelectric system equipment or infrastructure.
||Textile Bleaching and Dyeing Machine Operators and Tenders
- Mount rolls of cloth on machines, using hoists, or place textile goods in machines or pieces of equipment.
||Sawing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Wood
- Unload and roll logs from trucks to sawmill decks or to carriages or move logs in ponds, using pike poles.
||Heat Treating Equipment Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Place completed workpieces on conveyors, using cold rods, tongs, or chain hoists, or signal crane operators to transport them to subsequent stations.
||Computer-Controlled Machine Tool Operators, Metal and Plastic
- Lift workpieces to machines manually or with hoists or cranes.