||Jewelers and Precious Stone and Metal Workers
- Soften metal to be used in designs by heating it with a gas torch and shape it, using hammers and dies.
- Anneal precious metal objects such as coffeepots, tea sets, and trays in gas ovens for prescribed times to soften metal for reworking.
||Plating Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Preheat workpieces in ovens.
||Welders, Cutters, Solderers, and Brazers
- Preheat workpieces prior to welding or bending, using torches or heating furnaces.
||Painting, Coating, and Decorating Workers
- Melt or heat coating materials to specified temperatures.
||Glass Blowers, Molders, Benders, and Finishers
- Heat glass to pliable stage, using gas flames or ovens and rotating glass to heat it uniformly.
||Welding, Soldering, and Brazing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Anneal finished workpieces to relieve internal stress.
||Molding, Coremaking, and Casting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Preheat tools, dies, plastic materials, or patterns, using blowtorches or other equipment.
||Automotive Body and Related Repairers
- Apply heat to plastic panels, using hot-air welding guns or immersion in hot water, and press the softened panels back into shape by hand.
||Heat Treating Equipment Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Heat billets, bars, plates, rods, and other stock to specified temperatures preparatory to forging, rolling, or processing, using oil, gas, or electrical furnaces.
||Cutting, Punching, and Press Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Preheat workpieces, using heating furnaces or hand torches.