||Butchers and Meat Cutters
- Prepare and place meat cuts and products in display counter, so they will appear attractive and catch the shopper's eye.
- Wrap, weigh, label, and price cuts of meat.
- Cut, trim, bone, tie, and grind meats, such as beef, pork, poultry, and fish, to prepare meat in cooking form.
- Receive, inspect, and store meat upon delivery, to ensure meat quality.
- Shape, lace, and tie roasts, using boning knife, skewer, and twine.
- Test food product samples for moisture content, acidity level, specific gravity, or butter-fat content, and continue processing until desired levels are reached.
- Examine, feel, and taste product samples during production to evaluate quality, color, texture, flavor, and bouquet, and document the results.
- Inspect and pack the final product.
||Slaughterers and Meat Packers
- Grind meat into hamburger, and into trimmings used to prepare sausages, luncheon meats, and other meat products.
- Wrap dressed carcasses or meat cuts.
||Food and Tobacco Roasting, Baking, and Drying Machine Operators and Tenders
- Observe, feel, taste, or otherwise examine products during and after processing to ensure conformance to standards.
- Test products for moisture content, using moisture meters.
- Observe color of products being baked and adjust oven temperatures, humidity, or conveyor speeds accordingly.
||Food Cooking Machine Operators and Tenders
- Collect and examine product samples during production to test them for quality, color, content, consistency, viscosity, acidity, or specific gravity.