||Extruding and Forming Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Synthetic and Glass Fibers
- Load materials into extruding and forming machines, using hand tools, and adjust feed mechanisms to set feed rates.
- Observe flow of finish across finish rollers, and turn valves to adjust flow to specifications.
- Press metering-pump buttons and turn valves to stop flow of polymers.
||Cooling and Freezing Equipment Operators and Tenders
- Read dials and gauges on panel control boards to ascertain temperatures, alkalinities, and densities of mixtures, and turn valves to obtain specified mixtures.
- Start machinery, such as pumps, feeders, or conveyors, and turn valves to heat, admit, or transfer products, refrigerants, or mixes.
- Weigh packages and adjust freezer air valves or switches on filler heads to obtain specified amounts of product in each container.
||Pourers and Casters, Metal
- Pour and regulate the flow of molten metal into molds and forms to produce ingots or other castings, using ladles or hand-controlled mechanisms.
- Pull levers to lift ladle stoppers and to allow molten steel to flow into ingot molds to specified heights.
||Separating, Filtering, Clarifying, Precipitating, and Still Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Turn valves or move controls to admit, drain, separate, filter, clarify, mix, or transfer materials.
- Set up or adjust machine controls to regulate conditions such as material flow, temperature, or pressure.
||Coating, Painting, and Spraying Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Attach hoses or nozzles to machines, using wrenches and pliers, and make adjustments to obtain the proper dispersion of spray.
- Turn dials, handwheels, valves, or switches to regulate conveyor speeds, machine temperature, air pressure and circulation, and the flow or spray of coatings or paints.
||Multiple Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Start machines and turn handwheels or valves to engage feeding, cooling, and lubricating mechanisms.
||Food and Tobacco Roasting, Baking, and Drying Machine Operators and Tenders
- Open valves, gates, or chutes or use shovels to load or remove products from ovens or other equipment.
||Painters, Transportation Equipment
- Pour paint into spray guns and adjust nozzles and paint mixes for proper paint flow and coating thickness.
||Extruding, Forming, Pressing, and Compacting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Adjust machine components to regulate speeds, pressures, and temperatures, and amounts, dimensions, and flow of materials or ingredients.
||Computer-Controlled Machine Tool Operators, Metal and Plastic
- Adjust machine feed and speed, change cutting tools, or adjust machine controls when automatic programming is faulty or if machines malfunction.
||Plating and Coating Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Mix and test solutions, and turn valves to fill tanks with solutions.
||Adhesive Bonding Machine Operators and Tenders
- Start machines, and turn valves or move controls to feed, admit, apply, or transfer materials and adhesives, and to adjust temperature, pressure, and time settings.
||Chemical Plant and System Operators
- Turn valves to regulate flow of products or byproducts through agitator tanks, storage drums, or neutralizer tanks.
||Mixing and Blending Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Open valves to drain slurry from mixers into storage tanks.
||Printing Press Operators
- Adjust ink fountain flow rates.
||Print Binding and Finishing Workers
- Set up or operate glue machines by filling glue reservoirs, turning switches to activate heating elements, or adjusting glue flow or conveyor speed.