||Plating Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Measure, mark, and mask areas to be excluded from plating.
||Tool and Die Makers
- Measure, mark, and scribe metal or plastic stock to lay out machining, using instruments such as protractors, micrometers, scribes, or rulers.
||Multiple Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Measure and mark reference points and cutting lines on workpieces, using traced templates, compasses, and rules.
||Molders, Shapers, and Casters, Except Metal and Plastic
- Measure and cut products to specified dimensions, using measuring and cutting instruments.
- Lay out, measure, and mark metal stock to display placement of cuts.
||Model Makers, Wood
- Select wooden stock, determine layouts, and mark layouts of parts on stock, using precision equipment such as scribers, squares, and protractors.
||Cutters and Trimmers, Hand
- Position templates or measure materials to locate specified points of cuts or to obtain maximum yields, using rules, scales, or patterns.
||Grinding and Polishing Workers, Hand
- Measure and mark equipment, objects, or parts to ensure grinding and polishing standards are met.
||Sawing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Wood
- Measure and mark stock for cuts.
||Pressers, Textile, Garment, and Related Materials
- Measure fabric to specifications, cut uneven edges with shears, fold material, and press it with an iron to form a heading.
- Measure and cut new covering materials, using patterns and measuring and cutting instruments, following sketches and design specifications.
||Tailors, Dressmakers, and Custom Sewers
- Measure parts, such as sleeves or pant legs, and mark or pin-fold alteration lines.
||Etchers and Engravers
- Measure and compute dimensions of lettering, designs, or patterns to be engraved.