||Molding and Casting Workers
- Trim or remove excess material, using scrapers, knives, or band saws.
- Remove excess materials and level and smooth wet mold mixtures.
||Precious Metal Workers
- Trim gates and sharp points from cast parts, using band saws.
- Sand interior mold parts to remove glaze residue, apply new glaze to molds, and allow it to dry for mold assembly.
||Etchers and Engravers
- Cut outlines of impressions with gravers, and remove excess material with knives.
- Remove wax or tape from etched glassware by using a stylus or knife, or by immersing ware in hot water.
||Fiberglass Laminators and Fabricators
- Trim excess materials from molds, using hand shears or trimming knives.
- Trim cured materials by sawing them with diamond-impregnated cutoff wheels.
||Cabinetmakers and Bench Carpenters
- Trim, sand, or scrape surfaces or joints to prepare articles for finishing.
- Cut timber to the right size and shape and trim parts of joints to ensure a snug fit, using hand tools, such as planes, chisels, or wood files.
- Trim excess rubber and imperfections during retreading processes.
||Print Binding and Finishing Workers
- Trim edges of books to size, using cutting machines, book trimming machines, or hand cutters.
||Shoe and Leather Workers and Repairers
- Dress and otherwise finish boots or shoes, as by trimming the edges of new soles and heels to the shoe shape.
||Welders, Cutters, and Welder Fitters
- Chip or grind off excess weld, slag, or spatter, using hand scrapers or power chippers, portable grinders, or arc-cutting equipment.
||Coil Winders, Tapers, and Finishers
- Attach, alter, and trim materials such as wire, insulation, and coils, using hand tools.
- Trim excess threads or edges of parts, using scissors or knives.
||Stone Cutters and Carvers, Manufacturing
- Shape, trim, or touch up roughed-out designs with appropriate tools to finish carvings.
||Cutters and Trimmers, Hand
- Trim excess material or cut threads off finished products, such as cutting loose ends of plastic off a manufactured toy for a smoother finish.
||Tailors, Dressmakers, and Custom Sewers
- Trim excess material, using scissors.
||Sawing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Wood
- Trim lumber to straighten rough edges or remove defects, using circular saws.
||Sewing Machine Operators
- Cut excess material or thread from finished products.
||Aircraft Structure, Surfaces, Rigging, and Systems Assemblers
- Cut, trim, file, bend, or smooth parts to ensure proper fit and clearance.
||Plating and Coating Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Remove excess materials or impurities from objects, using air hoses or grinding machines.
||Forging Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Trim and compress finished forgings to specified tolerances.
||Model Makers, Wood
- Trim, smooth, and shape surfaces, and plane, shave, file, scrape, and sand models to attain specified shapes, using hand tools.