||Plating Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Set up, operate, or tend plating or coating machines to coat metal or plastic products with chromium, zinc, copper, cadmium, nickel, or other metal to protect or decorate surfaces.
- Observe gauges to ensure that machines are operating properly, making adjustments or stopping machines when problems occur.
- Adjust controls to set temperatures of coating substances and speeds of machines and equipment.
||Prepress Technicians and Workers
- Operate presses to print proofs of plates, monitoring printing quality to ensure that it is adequate.
||Molding, Coremaking, and Casting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Observe continuous operation of automatic machines to ensure that products meet specifications and to detect jams or malfunctions, making adjustments as necessary.
||Welders, Cutters, Solderers, and Brazers
- Monitor the fitting, burning, and welding processes to avoid overheating of parts or warping, shrinking, distortion, or expansion of material.
||Inspectors, Testers, Sorters, Samplers, and Weighers
- Monitor production operations or equipment to ensure conformance to specifications, making necessary process or assembly adjustments.
||Lathe and Turning Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Start lathe or turning machines and observe operations to ensure that specifications are met.
||Packaging and Filling Machine Operators and Tenders
- Observe machine operations to ensure quality and conformity of filled or packaged products to standards.
||Textile Bleaching and Dyeing Machine Operators and Tenders
- Monitor factors such as temperatures and dye flow rates to ensure that they are within specified ranges.
||Etchers and Engravers
- Observe actions of cutting tools through microscopes and adjust stylus movement to ensure accurate reproduction.
||Cutting, Punching, and Press Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Start machines, monitor their operations, and record operational data.
||Painting, Coating, and Decorating Workers
- Examine finished surfaces of workpieces to verify conformance to specifications and retouch any defective areas.
||Milling and Planing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Observe milling or planing machine operation, and adjust controls to ensure conformance with specified tolerances.
||Electrical and Electronic Equipment Assemblers
- Paint structures as specified, using paint sprayers.
||Ophthalmic Laboratory Technicians
- Control equipment that coats lenses to alter their reflective qualities.
||Hydroelectric Plant Technicians
- Monitor hydroelectric power plant equipment operation and performance, adjusting to performance specifications, as necessary.
- Paint metal surfaces electrostatically, or by using a spray gun or other painting equipment.
||Semiconductor Processing Technicians
- Monitor operation and adjust controls of processing machines and equipment to produce compositions with specific electronic properties, using computer terminals.
||Woodworking Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Except Sawing
- Monitor operation of machines and make adjustments to correct problems and ensure conformance to specifications.