- Oversee recycling pick-up or drop-off programs to ensure compliance with community ordinances.
- Supervise recycling technicians, community service workers, or other recycling operations employees or volunteers.
||First-Line Supervisors of Transportation and Material-Moving Machine and Vehicle Operators
- Enforce safety rules and regulations.
- Direct workers in transportation or related services, such as pumping, moving, storing, or loading or unloading of materials or people.
- Issue directions for loading, unloading, and seating in boats.
||Ship and Boat Captains
- Direct or coordinate crew members or workers performing activities such as loading or unloading cargo, steering vessels, operating engines, or operating, maintaining, or repairing ship equipment.
- Direct or assist workers placing shore anchors and cables, laying additional pipes from dredges to shore, and pumping water from pontoons.
||Aircraft Cargo Handling Supervisors
- Direct ground crews in the loading, unloading, securing, or staging of aircraft cargo or baggage.
||Crane and Tower Operators
- Direct helpers engaged in placing blocking or outrigging under cranes.
||Log Graders and Scalers
- Arrange for hauling of logs to appropriate mill sites.
||Mine Shuttle Car Operators
- Direct other workers to move stakes, place blocks, position anchors or cables, or move materials.
- Supervise oil pumpers and other workers engaged in producing oil from wells.
||First-Line Supervisors of Helpers, Laborers, and Material Movers, Hand
- Transmit and explain work orders to laborers.
||Freight and Cargo Inspectors
- Direct crews to reload freight or to insert additional bracing or packing as necessary.
||Airline Pilots, Copilots, and Flight Engineers
- Load smaller aircraft, handling passenger luggage and supervising refueling.
||Heavy and Tractor-Trailer Truck Drivers
- Give directions to laborers who are packing goods and moving them onto trailers.