O*NET OnLine Help Hot Technologies
Hot Technologies are requirements frequently included across all employer job postings. These 150+ software skills are often in demand across a range of occupations. As shown in the example below, all hot technologies, along with tools to explore and filter the list, are available from the starting screen:
Save Table: XLSX CSV
157 technologies shown
57,169,899 total postings between 7/21–6/22
- Export the full list of hot technologies to Excel or CSV with the Save Table links.
- Narrow down the list by typing in the Find in list field. Only technology names containing the text you enter will be shown. The list and count of matched items will update as you type.
To discover occupations associated with a chosen technology, click its name within the list. In the example below, the user clicked "Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications VBA" to see examples of associated occupations:
Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications VBA Save Table: XLSX CSV
. . .
- Export the full list on this screen to Excel or CSV with the Save Table links.
- Filter the occupations to show only those in a selected Job Zone by clicking one of the Show Job Zones buttons.
- Sort the occupation list by clicking any column header. Click the header a second time to reverse the sort order.
By default, occupations are sorted based on the percentage of the occupation’s job postings that include the skill. Click the Percentage column header to return to this sort order after exploring other sort options.
For any occupation listed, select its title to see more information about the corresponding occupation. For more information on these options, see OnLine Help for Summary, Details, or Custom Report.