Related Occupations for Task
15-1131.00 - Computer Programmers
Related occupations for task:
Correct errors by making appropriate changes and rechecking the program to ensure that the desired results are produced.
||Software Quality Assurance Engineers and Testers
- Conduct software compatibility tests with programs, hardware, operating systems, or network environments.
- Identify program deviance from standards, and suggest modifications to ensure compliance.
- Perform initial debugging procedures by reviewing configuration files, logs, or code pieces to determine breakdown source.
- Coordinate user or third-party testing.
- Visit beta testing sites to evaluate software performance.
- Correct testing-identified problems, or recommend actions for their resolution.
- Determine sources of Web page or server problems, and take action to correct such problems.
- Test backup or recovery plans regularly and resolve any problems.
- Test new software packages for use in Web operations or other applications.
- Evaluate code to ensure that it is valid, is properly structured, meets industry standards, and is compatible with browsers, devices, or operating systems.
- Identify problems uncovered by testing or customer feedback, and correct problems or refer problems to appropriate personnel for correction.
- Perform Web site tests according to planned schedules, or after any Web site or product revision.
- Develop or validate test routines and schedules to ensure that test cases mimic external interfaces and address all browser and device types.
||Computer User Support Specialists
- Read technical manuals, confer with users, or conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems or to provide technical assistance and support.
- Enter commands and observe system functioning to verify correct operations and detect errors.
||Network and Computer Systems Administrators
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware, software, or other network and system problems, and replace defective components when necessary.
- Design, configure, and test computer hardware, networking software and operating system software.
See all 12 related occupations >>