Related Occupations for Task
15-1131.00 - Computer Programmers
Related occupations for task:
Correct errors by making appropriate changes and rechecking the program to ensure that the desired results are produced.
||Software Quality Assurance Analysts and Testers
- Conduct software compatibility tests with programs, hardware, operating systems, or network environments.
- Identify program deviance from standards, and suggest modifications to ensure compliance.
- Perform initial debugging procedures by reviewing configuration files, logs, or code pieces to determine breakdown source.
- Coordinate user or third-party testing.
- Visit beta testing sites to evaluate software performance.
- Correct testing-identified problems, or recommend actions for their resolution.
- Determine sources of Web page or server problems, and take action to correct such problems.
- Test backup or recovery plans regularly and resolve any problems.
- Test new software packages for use in Web operations or other applications.
||Web and Digital Interface Designers
- Develop, validate, and document test routines and schedules to ensure that test cases mimic external interfaces and address all browser and device types.
- Identify problems uncovered by testing or customer feedback, and correct problems or refer problems to appropriate personnel for correction.
- Perform Web site tests according to planned schedules, or after any Web site or product revision.
- Correct errors by making appropriate changes and rechecking the program to ensure that the desired results are produced.
- Conduct trial runs of programs and software applications to be sure they will produce the desired information and that the instructions are correct.
||Computer User Support Specialists
- Read technical manuals, confer with users, or conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems or to provide technical assistance and support.
- Enter commands and observe system functioning to verify correct operations and detect errors.
See all 15 related occupations >>