Related Occupations for Task
45-4021.00 - Fallers
Related occupations for task:
Clear brush from work areas and escape routes, and cut saplings and other trees from direction of falls, using axes, chainsaws, or bulldozers.
||Tree Trimmers and Pruners
- Cut away dead and excess branches from trees, or clear branches around power lines, using climbing equipment or buckets of extended truck booms, or chainsaws, hooks, handsaws, shears, and clippers.
- Trim, top, and reshape trees to achieve attractive shapes or to remove low-hanging branches.
- Trim jagged stumps, using saws or pruning shears.
- Prune, cut down, fertilize, and spray trees as directed by tree surgeons.
- Harvest tanbark by cutting rings and slits in bark and stripping bark from trees, using spuds or axes.
||Logging Equipment Operators
- Control hydraulic tractors equipped with tree clamps and booms to lift, swing, and bunch sheared trees.
- Drive straight or articulated tractors equipped with accessories such as bulldozer blades, grapples, logging arches, cable winches, and crane booms, to skid, load, unload, or stack logs, pull stumps, or clear brush.
- Drive crawler or wheeled tractors to drag or transport logs from felling sites to log landing areas for processing and loading.
- Drive tractors for the purpose of building or repairing logging and skid roads.
- Drive and maneuver tractors and tree harvesters to shear the tops off of trees, cut and limb the trees, and cut the logs into desired lengths.
||Landscaping and Groundskeeping Workers
- Prune or trim trees, shrubs, or hedges, using shears, pruners, or chain saws.
- Trim or pick flowers and clean flower beds.
- Mow or edge lawns, using power mowers or edgers.
||Forest and Conservation Workers
- Operate skidders, bulldozers, or other prime movers to pull a variety of scarification or site preparation equipment over areas to be regenerated.
- Thin or space trees, using power thinning saws.
- Prune or shear tree tops or limbs to control growth, increase density, or improve shape.
||Log Graders and Scalers
- Tend conveyor chains that move logs to and from scaling stations.
See all 7 related occupations >>