Related occupations for task:
Determine materials needed to complete the job and place orders accordingly.
||Solar Energy Installation Managers
- Estimate materials, equipment, and personnel needed for residential or commercial solar installation projects.
- Visit customer sites to determine solar system needs, requirements, or specifications.
- Purchase or rent equipment for solar energy system installation.
||Tile and Stone Setters
- Study blueprints and examine surface to be covered to determine amount of material needed.
- Select and order tile and other items to be installed, such as bathroom accessories, walls, panels, and cabinets, according to specifications.
||First-Line Supervisors of Construction Trades and Extraction Workers
- Estimate material or worker requirements to complete jobs.
- Order or requisition materials or supplies.
||Painters, Construction and Maintenance
- Calculate amounts of required materials and estimate costs, based on surface measurements or work orders.
- Select and purchase tools or finishes for surfaces to be covered, considering durability, ease of handling, methods of application, and customers' wishes.
||Brickmasons and Blockmasons
- Interpret blueprints and drawings to determine specifications and to calculate the materials required.
See all 14 related occupations >>