Related Occupations for Task
45-2021.00 - Animal Breeders
Related occupations for task:
Bathe and groom animals.
||Farmworkers, Farm, Ranch, and Aquacultural Animals
- Feed and water livestock and monitor food and water supplies.
- Herd livestock to pastures for grazing or to scales, trucks, or other enclosures.
- Shift animals between grazing areas to ensure that they have sufficient access to food.
- Protect herds from predators, using trained dogs.
- Groom, clip, trim, or castrate animals, dock ears and tails, or shear coats to collect hair.
- Spray livestock with disinfectants and insecticides, or dip or bathe animals.
- Milk animals such as cows and goats, by hand or using milking machines.
- Feed and water animals according to schedules and feeding instructions.
- Exercise animals to maintain their physical and mental health.
- Advise pet owners on how to care for their pets' health.
- Perform animal grooming duties, such as washing, brushing, clipping, and trimming coats, cutting nails, and cleaning ears.
- Find homes for stray or unwanted animals.
- Transfer animals between enclosures to facilitate breeding, birthing, shipping, or rearrangement of exhibits.
||Animal Control Workers
- Capture and remove stray, uncontrolled, or abused animals from undesirable conditions, using nets, nooses, or tranquilizer darts as necessary.
- Supply animals with food, water, and personal care.
- Remove captured animals from animal-control service vehicles and place animals in shelter cages or other enclosures.
- Euthanize rabid, unclaimed, or severely injured animals.
- Organize the adoption of unclaimed animals.
- Feed or exercise animals or provide other general care, such as cleaning or maintaining holding or performance areas.
- Provide care to a wide range of animals or specialize in a particular species, such as horses or exotic birds.
See all 6 related occupations >>