Related occupations for task:
Plan or conduct geological, geochemical, or geophysical field studies or surveys, sample collection, or drilling and testing programs used to collect data for research or application.
- Conduct research on the structures and properties of materials, such as metals, alloys, polymers, and ceramics, to obtain information that could be used to develop new products or enhance existing ones.
- Plan laboratory experiments to confirm feasibility of processes and techniques used in the production of materials with special characteristics.
- Research methods of processing, forming, and firing materials to develop such products as ceramic dental fillings, unbreakable dinner plates, and telescope lenses.
- Design research projects that apply valid scientific techniques and use information obtained from baselines or historical data to structure uncompromised and efficient analyses.
- Develop and test experimental designs, sampling techniques, and analytical methods.
- Plan data collection methods for specific projects and determine the types and sizes of sample groups to be used.
- Design research studies in collaboration with physicians, life scientists, or other professionals.
- Plan or direct research studies related to life sciences.
- Design surveys to assess health issues.
||Computer Network Architects
- Research and test new or modified hardware or software products to determine performance and interoperability.
- Communicate with vendors to gather information about products, alert them to future needs, resolve problems, or address system maintenance issues.
||Biochemists and Biophysicists
- Design or perform experiments with equipment, such as lasers, accelerators, or mass spectrometers.
See all 14 related occupations >>