Related Occupations for Task
39-5011.00 - Barbers
Related occupations for task:
Provide skin care and nail treatments.
||Manicurists and Pedicurists
- Apply undercoat and clear or colored polish onto nails with brush.
- Shape and smooth ends of nails, using scissors, files, or emery boards.
- Prepare nail cuticles with water and oil, using cuticle knives to push back cuticles and scissors or nippers to trim cuticles.
- Prepare customers' nails in soapy water, using swabs, files, and orange sticks.
- Remove previously applied nail polish, using liquid remover and swabs.
- Use rotary abrasive wheels to shape and smooth nails or artificial extensions.
- Roughen surfaces of fingernails, using abrasive wheel.
- Treat nails to repair or improve strength and resilience by wrapping.
- Extend nails using powder, solvent, and paper forms attached to tips of customers' fingers to support and shape artificial nails.
- Polish nails, using powdered polish and buffer.
- Whiten underside of nails with white paste or pencils.
- Decorate clients' nails by piercing or attaching ornaments or designs.
||Hairdressers, Hairstylists, and Cosmetologists
- Shampoo, rinse, condition, and dry hair and scalp or hairpieces with water, liquid soap, or other solutions.
- Clean, shape, and polish fingernails and toenails, using files and nail polish.
- Apply artificial fingernails.
- Give facials to patrons, using special compounds, such as lotions and creams.
- Cleanse clients' skin with water, creams, or lotions.
- Select and apply cosmetic products, such as creams, lotions, and tonics.
- Treat the facial skin to maintain and improve its appearance, using specialized techniques and products, such as peels and masks.
- Apply chemical peels to reduce fine lines and age spots.
||Makeup Artists, Theatrical and Performance
- Cleanse and tone the skin to prepare it for makeup application.
- Massage, shampoo, and condition patron's hair and scalp to clean them and remove excess oil.
See all 7 related occupations >>